Sacramento attorney Robert C. Bowman, Jr. practices primarily employment law, family law, business and real estate law, utilizing his extensive experience in business, family and human resources to provide practical advice to his clients.
Mr. Bowman’s path to founder of Sacramento’s comprehensive law firm Bowman and Associates, APC. represents his style of business and life; “Success does not come to you, you have to go out and get it.” In law and in business, Robert has not waited for success, but gone out to get it.
BUSINESS, REAL ESTATE, AND THE LAW
Besides his over thirty years in the nationwide retail industry, both in management and in human resources, Robert has always had an entrepreneurial spirit. This spirit has included ownership of senior care facilities, a beauty shop, a vending business, a landscaping business and a railroad crossing business. Robert has also been involved in the real estate market, as an owner of real property and landlord, Robert has extensive experience in the field of real estate law. Robert has capitalized upon his business experience to offer counsel and guidance for clients related to business law. As a human resources manager, Robert oversaw ADA, DFEH, FMLA, EEO and all other applicable local, state and federal regulations related to employment matters for a large regional area of a nationwide retail company. It was in this capacity that Robert developed a passion to help employees.
FAMILY AND THE LAW
Mr. Bowman is also dedicated to family law including divorce and custody issues. Family is a central part of Robert’s philosophy in law. As father of four successful children and grandfather to three, Robert’s compassion and respect for family and the individual is the guidepost through the often difficult issues surrounding family law.
Robert has always had an interest in law and a quest for learning from the time he was a child. Robert received his Bachelor’s Degree [Bachelors of Science in Business Management] from the University of Phoenix and has since utilized this education to further advance his career. Robert then went on to obtain his Master’s Degree [Master's of Arts in Organizational Management], and through this education gained an even higher level of insight and experience in the field of business. From his Master’s Degree, Robert immediately entered law school and thereafter obtained his Jurist Doctorate Degree from Lincoln Law School in Sacramento, California. Robert has since returned to education as a professor, teaching employment law and business law.
Areas of Practice
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2004
- Lincoln Law School, Sacramento, California, 2004 J.D.
- University of Phoenix, Sacramento, California, 2000 M.A. Major-Organizational Management
- University of Phoenix, Sacramento, California, 1998 B.S. Major-Business Management
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Professor, Employment Law, University of Phoenix, 2005 to Present
Awards & Engagements
- Honorary Judge for the 2010 University of Davis School of Law – Nationwide Negotiations Competition
- Pro-tem Judge for El Dorado County 2009 – present
- Lead Area Chair, Human Resources, Law and Ethics, University of Phoenix 2005 – present
- Outstanding Lawyer as published in Northern California Super Lawyers Magazine – 2009
- Outstanding Lawyer as published in Northern California Super Lawyers Magazine – 2010
- Sacramento Super Lawyer’s Magazine, City’s Outstanding Lawyer – 2010
- Honored Member of Cambridge Who’s Who 2010-2011 of Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs
- Rome, New York, U.S.A.